Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Writer's Block

I realized that I haven't posted any new blog entries in a while.  Frankly, I haven't thought of much to write about and when I've had time to write, I've been concentrating on my dissertation.
Due to a slashed budget, the Sarajevo Philharmonic does not have very many performances or rehearsals this month.  Last week, we played La Traviata and this week we play a Bosnian opera called Hasanaginica.  We've had nice, warm weather the past few days, so I'm trying to spend some time walking outside when I'm not working, writing, or practicing.
Today is a Muslim holiday, Eid al-Adha, know as "Bajram" here, commemorating Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son.  Many families sacrifice a sheep, and observe the holiday by praying and feasting.  Otes seems a little bit quieter than I expected (I remember lots of firecrackers the last time I was here for Bajram) but maybe people are saving energy for celebrating the soccer match tonight.  If the Bosnia-Herzegovina teams wins tonight's game, they will go to the World Cup tournament in Brazil.  Fingers-crossed that tonight will be a very happy one in Sarajevo.
I'll try to think of a good topic for my next post, and am happy to take any suggestions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment